Before you begin, please ensure that:
1. Your domain is not locked with your current registrar
If your domain is locked, you will need to contact your current registrar and have them unlock it first.
2. The admin contact email address on your domain whois record is valid
If the admin contact email address on your domain whois record is no longer valid, you will need to contact your current registrar and get it updated. Your current registrar will also need to provide you with the AuthCode for your domain.
3. At least 60 days have passed since your domain was registered or last transferred
The central registry will not approve any transfers for domains that are not yet 60 days old.
Once you are ready:
1. Use this link http://auth.nic.net.bw/key_retrieval.jsp to get an authorization code (also known as an EPP code or transfer key) code for the domain you want to transfer. The code will be sent to the email address associated with domain name.
2. Open our portal https://bwdomains.co.bw (if you have already registered with us, log into your account)
3. Enter the domain name you want to transfer and Click transfer
4. Enter the Authorization code / Epp code. (from the email address associated with the domain)
5. Add to cart
6. Register your details,
7. Pay online (credit card/debit card, Paypal, Bank Transfer or Orange Money)
8. The system will process your domain renewal payment and initiate the Transfer Registrar process.
9. The registry will send a confirmation email to the listed domain admin contact email address.
10. The registry will notify your current registrar about your transfer request. Some registrars have added their own confirmation requirements for transfers away from their system, so please be aware of these procedures. If your current registrar takes no action, the transfer is automatically completed after a grace period of 14 - 30 days. In the event that your current registrar refuses the transfer process, you will have to contact them to resolve any outstanding issues.
11. Once the registry receives the approval from your current registrar, they will notify us and we will complete the rest of the process for you.
- 7 Users Found This Useful
The Domain transfer from bwdomains require the EPP/Auth Code for authorization. The EPP Code is...
The BW registry allows domain owners to lock their domains to prevent unauthorized domain...
A domain name is an identification string that defines a realm of administrative autonomy,...
Domain Names are a unique identity on the Internet,ccTLDs unlike other generic domain...
The structure of a domain name within the .bw DNS has three levels. Each complete name must be...